JINJA – A six-year-old, child – Sharon Nabwire died on Tuesday after eating meat suspected to be laced with poison.
Nabwire and her five other family members – all residents of Bukamba village, in Idudi Town Council, Bugweri district ate supper together on Monday but couldn’t to move out of their house in the morning raising suspicion from the neighbours.
When the neighbours forcefully opened the door, they found them lying unconscious on the ground. They were immediately rushed and hospitalised at the health facility in critical condition.
However, Nabwire died while the five other family members were referred to Busesa Health Centre IV for further management.
Mark Kakaire, one of the victims, said that they bought meat from Bukamba Trading Centre, which was later prepared and served with posho.
Kakaire suspects that their food was laced with poison. He wants the police to extensively investigate the incident.
The Busoga East Police Spokesperson, Diana Nandaula said that they were waiting for the post-mortem report from Iganga General Hospital.
Nandawula added that the scene of crime officers have extracted food samples, which would be thoroughly examined at the government’s analytical laboratory.
She added that detectives had since interrogated Nabwire’s immediate neighbours, as part of the investigations.
Leave a Reply